Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag

This tag has been going around for a long time. I forget who exactly created this tag and if you know I would highly appreciate you commenting down below so I can edit it in. 
All images in the post are from google.
1) Best book you've read so far in 2020
House of Earth and Blood: Amazon.ca: Maas, Sarah J.: Books
The best book I have read so far this year is House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas. This book was incredible. It made me feel so many emotions and I actually cried while reading it at one point. I do have a review of this book on my blog however since it contains some spoilers I only recommend reading my review as long as you have read the book. This book has all sorts of mystical creatures, combined with magic and modern technology. This was my most anticipated book of the year and it definitely did not let me down.

2) Best sequel you have read so far in 2020
Unhinged (Splintered, #2) by A.G. Howard
Unhinged by A.G. Howard was an incredible sequel to Splintered. This series is an Alice in Wonderland retelling that follows Alyssa Gardener. She is believed to be the descendant of the original Alice the Lewis Carrol book is based on. I also wrote a review for this series but it also contains spoilers so I don't recommend reading it if you haven't read the series yet.

3) New release you haven't read yet but want to

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (A Hunger Games Novel): Collins ...
There are so many new releases this year that I am really looking forward to reading but haven't yet. However, one that is already out that is definitely high on my tbr pile is The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins. This is a prequel to The Hunger Games which follows President Snow. I loved The Hunger Games so I am really excited to dive into a book about the villain from the Hunger Games. Also while trying to avoid reviews and stuff so I don't get spoiled I have seen very mixed reviews when it comes to some of the star ratings people have been giving the book. However, I still have faith that I will really love this and hopefully, it will become one of my favourite books of the year.

4) Most anticipated release for the second half of 2020


The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
This category can also have a bunch of books in it since there are so many books I am anticipating coming out later this year. For this category though I will be picking The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab. This book is set to come out on October 6, 2020. I have loved every book I have read by this author so I am really excited to read her newest work later in the year. This book is about a girl named Addie Larue who in exchange for being able to live forever is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets when 300 years after she makes the bargain she stumbles into someone who actually remembers her.

5) Biggest disappointment
Stain by A.G. Howard
Stain by A.G. Howard. After reading the Splintered series this book was a huge disappointment. I only ended up rating it two stars. This book is also supposed to be a princess and the pea retelling which made me even more excited to read it. I couldn't attach myself to the characters in this book and after getting over halfway through it just kept on reading to get it over with. If I didn't get so far in it I probably would have DNF'd this book. Definitely the most disappointing read of the year so far.

6) Biggest surprise
Chocolate Girls (Chocolate Girls #1) by Annie Murray
Chocolate Girls by Annie Murray. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this book. At first, I didn't think I would like it but after getting further into it I ended up starting to route for the characters and was anticipating what was going to happen next. This book is a historical fiction book set in England before and after the events of WWII. It is incredibly well written and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a good historical fiction novel. I rated this book 4/5 stars.

7) Favourite new author
Keeper of the Lost Cities (Volume 1): Messenger, Shannon ...
My favourite new to me author for this year has to be Shannon Messenger who writes The Keeper of the Lost Cities series. This is an incredible middle-grade fantasy series that follows a girl named Sophie who discovers she is an elf. This series reminds me of Harry Potter, and I think it could actually become just as popular it is that good. I am currently on the third book in the series and am so excited to continue on with Sophie's adventures. I also intend to read Messenger's other series which is YA.

8) Newest fictional crush
Amazon.com: Snow White with the Red Hair, Vol. 8 (8 ...
Obi from Snow White with the Red Hair by Sorata Akiduki. Okay, this might not be a new fictional crush because I watched the anime before this year. However, since I started reading the manga this year I feel like I can count him in as my new fictional crush for the year. Also for this series, I am a total Obiyuki shipper.  If this doesn't count it will have to be Kairan from The Falconer by Elizabeth May.

9) Newest favorite character
Madeline Miller - Circe
Circe from Circe by Madeline Miller. Circe was such a strong character in this book, and it was incredible. If you haven't read this book yet you should it is amazing. Circe is a Titan and has the ability to do witchcraft.

10) Book that made you cry
House of Earth and Blood: Amazon.ca: Maas, Sarah J.: Books
House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas. I don't like to reuse a book for more than one answer if I have to but in this case, I couldn't think of another book that physically made me cry. Like I was ugly crying reading this book when it got towards the end.

11) Book that made you happy
Dating an Alien Pop Star by Kendra L. Saunders
Dating an Alien Pop Star by Kendra L. Saunders. This book was very funny and I highly enjoyed reading it. I am now on the last book in the series, and while in my opinion the sequels so far haven't been as good as book one the first book and the second book still made me smile and laugh.

12) Favourite book to movie adaptation you saw this year
New Poster + Trailer for Greta Gerwig's Star Studded 'Little Women ...
Little Women. This movie was amazing and deserved all the Oscar nominations it got. I waited till it released to watch it. The movie is based on the book by L.M. Alcott with the same name.

13) Favourite review you've written this year

This is tough cause so far I haven't done too many reviews as of yet since this is a pretty new blog. However, my most recent review is on The Splintered series by A.G. Howard.

14) Most beautiful book you bought so far this year
The Red Scrolls of Magic | The Shadowhunters' Wiki | Fandom
I love the new cover of the Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu. I purchased it when I saw it for 40 percent off at Walmart and am really happy to own the book with the beautiful new cover.

15) What books do you need to read by the end of the year

There are so many books I want to get done by the end of the year. Mainly I want to complete as many completed series that I own as I can this year. And I really want to reduce my owned tbr pile. My reading goal this year was to read 100 books and so far I have read 70 so as long as I can complete my goal for this year I will be incredibly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading books from the Readers Also Enjoyed section on Goodreads for The Deal by Elle Kennedy

 I loved The Deal by Elle Kennedy so I decided to see what books other readers enjoyed and read some of them. Here is my opinion of six of t...