Followers

Monday, September 7, 2020

Smile Down the Runway Review

 images from google

Watch Smile Down The Runway Sub & Dub | Drama, Shoujo, Shounen, Slice of  Life Anime | Funimation

Title: Smile Down the Runway

Show Rating: 5/5 stars

Director: Nobuyoshi Nagayama

Studio: Ezo'la

Number of Episodes: 12

Based on the Manga by Kotoba Inoya

Opening/Ending Theme: 

I really loved the opening theme for this anime. Depending on what the opening theme is like I sometimes opt to skip it but not with this one. However, in comparison, I didn't like the ending theme as much. However, I thought both themes fitted perfectly with the show.

Show Story: 

This show follows two different main characters Chiyuki Fujito an aspiring model, and Ikuto Tsumara an aspiring designer. I thought the show's storyline was really good, and I loved seeing the character's growth and development. 

I also personally ship Ikuto and Chiyuki, I think they would be really cute together. 

While both of the characters want to pursue their dreams however there is something in the way for both of them. Ikuto is from a very poor family so he wants to get a job when he finishes school instead of going to the design school of his dreams. 

Then there is Chiyuki and the only problem for her is that she is too short to be used as a runway model. However, that doesn't stop her from pursuing her dream to walk on the runway at Paris fashion week for her father's company which is named after her. 

Same with Ikuto after creating an outfit for Chiyuki which goes viral he ends up working under a designer who constantly refers to him as 'Bob.' With the help of the fellow designer his work again gets noticed and even though he is still a high school student he gets asked to be a part of the design competition at the school he wants to go to. 

While there he makes friends and discovers that there is someone he has wants to surpass. 

Do I recommend: 

I definitely recommend this anime. It is only 12 episodes long so it is a quick watch. It is also has a dub available to watch. You can watch this show on Funimation now. 

Thanks so much for reading my review. Have you watched 'Smile Down the Runway' what did you think? comment down below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading books from the Readers Also Enjoyed section on Goodreads for The Deal by Elle Kennedy

 I loved The Deal by Elle Kennedy so I decided to see what books other readers enjoyed and read some of them. Here is my opinion of six of t...