Followers

Friday, October 30, 2020

Top 5 Halloween Reads

 1) Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell

Pumpkinheads: Amazon.ca: Rowell, Rainbow, Stern, Sarah, Hicks, Faith Erin:  Books

This cute graphic novel takes place at a pumpkin patch on Halloween. It's the last year that both of the main characters can work there since they will be graduating high school and going to college the next year. I loved following the characters as they went around the patch in order to find the girl that Josiah had a crush on ever since he started working at the patch. If you are looking for more of a cute than scary Halloween read this one might be for you.

2) Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Coraline - Wikipedia

If you haven't seen the movie for this book I also recommend that, but this story will definitely give you some chills. This book follows a young girl Coraline and after moving to a new house she goes exploring. The house has 14 doors but one of them is locked. One night she opens the door and discovers another world. A world that seems better in every way but it's not what it seems. 

3) Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 

Frankenstein | Book by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Bernie Wrightson,  Stephen King | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster

I wanted to include at least one classic on this list so I decided to include Frankenstein. This book is really good and is something that can take awhile if you want to analyze it in depth. I feel like I don't need to explain this one as much though since I feel like everyone knows the general gist of what Frankenstein is about. 

4) Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead

I love this book. I personally have not year Vampire Academy which this series is a spin-off of but I love Bloodlines. In this world, there are different kinds of vampires. There is the kind which is just like the kind you hear about in scary stories, then there is another kind which are more like normal humans except they have powers. Anyways this book isn't scary or anything but I thought I would include it since it does have vampires, and some people don't necessarily like to read scary books.

5) This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

This Savage Song: Amazon.ca: Schwab, Victoria: Books

In this world, there is a city divided into two parts. A city where violence has started to take on a living form as actual monsters. But not all monsters are bad, and sometimes the real monster is someone who is actually human. Anyways this book is absolutely incredible and one of my favorite books by Victoria/ V.E. Schwab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading books from the Readers Also Enjoyed section on Goodreads for The Deal by Elle Kennedy

 I loved The Deal by Elle Kennedy so I decided to see what books other readers enjoyed and read some of them. Here is my opinion of six of t...