Followers

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell Review

Pumpkinheads: Amazon.ca: Rowell, Rainbow, Stern, Sarah, Hicks, Faith Erin:  Books

Title: Pumpkinheads 

Author: Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks

Publisher: First Second

Rating: 5/5 stars

Story: This is a graphic novel about two friends Josiah and Deja who work at a pumpkin patch every year. Since this is the last year they will be able to work at the patch Deja decides to help Josiah speak to the girl he has had a crush on for years. However on the journey to speak with her they have to deal with a series of challenges which makes Josiah realize that the girl he was in, love with all along was someone he already knew very well. 

The premise of this story was so cute, and I loved the art style of the graphic novel. I also thought while it was short I was able to get attached to the characters of Deja and Josiah. 

I really like the way that Josiah stuck up for Deja especially when the children were insulting her about her weight. I also like the fact that the map in the book shows all the locations they went to. 

I also love the representation in this book. 

This book also left me definitely wanting some pumpkin pie.

Quotes: 

- "I'm your friend. And friends don't let friends live small lives."

- "Deja, I don't want October to be over. Because October means you." 

Would I recommend: I highly recommend this to other people who like graphic novels. As well as people who like pumpkins, and romances as sweet as candy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading books from the Readers Also Enjoyed section on Goodreads for The Deal by Elle Kennedy

 I loved The Deal by Elle Kennedy so I decided to see what books other readers enjoyed and read some of them. Here is my opinion of six of t...